[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Ozonic and FreeBob

From: Jeff Sandys <sandysj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 22:57:33 EET

Pieter Palmers wrote:
> Jeff Sandys wrote:
> > Has anyone tried to use an M-Audio Ozonic firewire keyboard
> > and audio I/O with FreeBob? If so, have you tried the Enigma
> > editor with Wine to load and save settings?
> I haven't tried it, but I can say with 99% confidence that this
> Enigma editor won't work. It might run on Wine, but it won't
> find the Ozonic.

Thanks for the reply, Pieter, that is kind of what I thought.

Do you know if M-Audio has published the API for Enigma-Ozonic
setup loads and saves?
   or,
Do you know of a Windows Firewire listener/sniffer that will let
me monitor the Enigma-Ozonic firewire transactions?
   and,
Is there a c/c++ routine that I can use Python and SWIG to build
an Enigma like application in Linux? (Enigma saves the settings
in an XML file)
   or,
Is M-Audio Linux friendly enough to build a Linux version of
Enigma, (they have Windows, Mac ppc and intel versions).

Thanks,
Jeff

Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/front.htm?csp=24