Re: [linux-audio-user] Tuning Jack: Please help me prioritize IRQ 10

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 20 2007 - 04:05:41 EET

Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Florian Schmidt was kind enought to point out that I can increase my
> system performance by increasing the priority of both the Jack daemon
> and the IRQ that my trusty'ol bebob device is hitched to.
>
> I temporarily gave up on putting the device onto another IRQ and will
> leaving that up to the kernel developers to sort out; what I am
> interested in right now is how to increase the priority of IRQ 10 on my
> system.
>
> Florian suggested simply increasing the priority of the 'IRQ 10'
> interrupt handling process; but on my system, there is no interrupt
> handling process 'IRQ 10', or for any other IRQ, for that matter.
>
> How can I increase the priority of 'IRQ 10' on my Debian based system?
>
> Help much appreciated.
>
> Carlo
>
> PS: upping JackD priority alone took care of 60% of xruns; thanks Florian!

Did you try using the rtirq script?

You can find it on my home server, here
  http://www.rncbc.org/jack/rtirq-20070101.tar.gz
I guess you can follow the instructions found on Florian's web page, and
specific for your firewire setup (e.g. substitute "usb" by "ohci1394" on
RTIRQ_NAME_LIST configuration setting). Ah, installation assumes a LSB
distro and it probably needs change for your particular case.

Feel free to ask if you get puzzled :)

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela