Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Cheap USB "soundcards" (resending. Now with subject)

From: Hasse Hagen Johansen <hhj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 20 2007 - 09:57:58 EET

>>>>> "Carlo" == Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden> writes:

    Carlo> I would generally recommend firewire cards at the moment
    Carlo> since I have the feeling you might at some point use the
    Carlo> same device to start doing something that requires low
    Carlo> latency with your device.

    Carlo> I am currently in the process of testing a freebob-based
    Carlo> workstation to the point of using it on the road as an
    Carlo> instrument, and I am fairly confident low latency firewire
    Carlo> audio will be a reality soon, especially with the excellent
    Carlo> work Peter and the freebob folks are doing.

    Carlo> Personally I use a Roland FA-101, which also has a 'little
    Carlo> brother', the Roland FA-66.

Hi Carlo

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise that I could use firewire cards
on linux, but I can see the picture has changed a little bit since the
last time I read this list :-)

They look quite nice those Roland firewire cards

Regards
Hasse H. Johansen