Re: [linux-audio-user] Tuning Jack: Please help me prioritize IRQ 10

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 20 2007 - 11:09:08 EET

Carlo Capocasa wrote:

> Help much appreciated.

So you get a xrun every minute or so?

Did you make sure you disabled any cpu frequency modifying processes
(powernowd for instance)?

And as someone else mentioned, you are on a low latency kernel, right?
What's the output of uname -r?

I think you should try shutting down services (on debian "sudo
/etc/init.d/some-service-thats-not-crucial stop") you don't need,
including webservers, mysql, cronjobs, network, powersaving, etc. Do is
systematically one at the time, while checking if your problem goes away
or at least gets better. When you found out which service(s) is trigging
the problem you can probably look at the whole system setup (incl
interrupts) again and figure out exactly what causes the trouble. With a
bit of luck you can then fix the real problem and enable the service(s)
again and be fine.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte