Re: [linux-audio-user] This criticism of jackd valid?

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 19:58:57 EET

Chris Metzler wrote:
> As much more of a music maker than a developer, I'm not able to evaluate
> whether this post from a current thread on Slashdot is a valid criticism
> of JACK:
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=217898&cid=17700570
>
> I'm curious what people here think?
>
> -c

Ha!

So a better alternative is what then?? ARTS!?...ESD? OSS?? Maybe
"shes" a Widows user! (unnecessary slur there..I'm a windows user for
some things but it seemed as informed and appropriate as the authors theme!)

To me, within the authors own text, one of Jack's supreme capabilities
was clearly highlighted...

"You *can* still get Jack to work perfectly with 2ms latency (and
hundreds of people do)," And I am yet to see a developer of a RT
kernel who doesn't take great care in stating the possible negative
effects of running RT kernels. And if Jack sucks SO much, why has it
become the most popular audio medium for All serious Audio applications?

I know Paul and crew have sufficiently thick skin to not be dented by
this clown but it must be supremely irritating to have your work
criticized in this manner, especially when no *better* solutions are
offered up!

I give /. "anonymous coward" a big <oh brother> and a "see a therapist
over petty jealousy issues" for this weeks show!