Re: [linux-audio-user] Were's the weak link?

From: Dan Easley <daneasley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 21:22:55 EET

On 1/20/07, linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >> 9: 2 XT-PIC [........./ 0] acpi
>
> > Did you try turning acpi off?
>
> I turned acpi off by adding acpi=off to the kernel command line in
> grub.conf, but the bootup hung at 'Applying iptables firewall rules:'
> and never recovered. What do I need to do to disable acpi?

I've run into this before. As I have sufficient firewalls in place
outside of my fc5/ccrma box, I made the decision to run it without a
firewall - turned it off using some KDE/Gnome "services" tool. Was
then able to boot with acpi=off, which solved similar xrun problems to
yours. The acpi/iptables bug really ought to be hunted down and
squashed, but I'm afraid I'm not the guy to do it; if you can sanely
live without the firewall (you should be sure about that before doing
so), then I recommend doing so, just so you can turn acpi off. Again,
acpi=off fixed similar xrun troubles on my dell inspiron 1150.

--
daneasley@email-addr-hidden
dan@email-addr-hidden dan@email-addr-hidden