[linux-audio-user] Nmmm nmmm (yawn)

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 22 2007 - 02:25:49 EET

Another late night (early morning). Yet another tune that had to be
finished over the weekend ... ish!

I actually started working on it a few weeks before I started on East
To West but hit a creative block, so put it to one side for a while.

One problem I had was getting a soft drum sound. This was something I
couldn't find in any of the hydrogen kits, nor in the drumsets on THREE
different hardware synths. The drum I wanted to emulate is, I think,
Irish in origin. It is a hand held drum and the single stick is double
ended and leather padded, looking something like a dog bone. Eventually
I was able to create something like it in Zyn.

I also wanted a shaken tambourine and this seems just as hard to find.
I used a combination of effects in Zyn. to get somewhere near it, but
it isn't really right.

Anyway, the results so far are on:

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Celtic_Dream.ogg
http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Celtic_Dream.mp3