Re: [linux-audio-user] Aldrin 0.9 and llvm

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 22 2007 - 15:18:43 EET

On Monday 22 January 2007 01:53, linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden
wrote:
> > I never got this working with just python. Segfaulted.
>
> you can run aldrin off the unwrapped package. there is an "aldrindebug"
> in the bin directory that starts aldrin in gdb. enter "run", when the
> segfault happens, enter "bt", and send me the output.
I think I already sent you this stuff. Not a new problem.

> please also list your machine specs... cpu info, mostly.
Pentium III, 500mhz running at 575mhz, Debian unstable (Sid).

> > Now it is using llvm in addition. The llvm on Debian Sid is not good
> > enough so one must download sources and go to it. However, this does not
> > compile like other ./configure. make, make install.
>
> yes, unfortunately. it totally sucks, i agree.
But at least it builds and installs fine they way they tell you to do it. Just
stay off ./configure :-(

> > Follow their instructions. Llvm itself will compile and install just
> > fine. Now go to the llvm-gcc front end (they recommend using binaries but
> > there are none for Debian and Debian's llvm is not recent enought so ...)
>
> try some of the prepackaged binaries. i used the redhat ones with
> ubuntu.
OK, I will get the redhat rpm and alien that into Debian (Ubuntu is built on
Debian) and see it that works. Since their binary names conflict with generic
ones like gcc (why did they do such a thing?), they must install somewhere
else and symlink to an llvm-gcc as per their instructions. How does the rpm
take care of this?