Re: [linux-audio-user] This criticism of jackd valid?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 22 2007 - 16:04:47 EET

Jay Vaughan wrote:

> its clear from this thread that there simply aren't enough linux-audio
> pimps making the rounds and hyping the scene. hands up who has been
> making tons of music with linux lately? it sure would be nice to hear
> a lot more from those folks, and maybe even be able to push it further
> out into the mainstream as examples of doing it right with linux-audio ..

Hi Jay,

While I agree, I have to wonder what else we can do. The LAM site holds
a fair amount of music made with Linux tools, and not too long ago I
stocked the Internet Archive with a batch of recently-composed pieces. I
have a few other sites dedicated to my music, but perhaps you can
suggest ways of making all this stuff more visible ?

Btw, I did continue monitoring the traffic for the /. thread re: music
sequencing software for Linux. Same old same old. Paul got some good
response, but overall I'd say the thread was a waste of everybody's
time. The ignorance on /. regarding Linux audio development is simply
too deep, and I see little indication that posters there want to do
little but echo the same old mantras.

Has any user on this list come here by being persuaded by what he or she
has read on Slashdot ?

Best,

dp