Re: [linux-audio-user] Where's the weak link?

From: nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 17:44:32 EET

Hiho,

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 06:36, linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> I wanted to completely shut off "Battery Polling", and I was under the
> impression that this was controlled by "apm". So I set it back to "1
> second polling" and went to System -> Services and disabled "apmd". That
> didn't effect the nibbling at the hard drive every second,

I believe KDE is also checking cd-trays, and the like, regularly to check if
something like a harddrive was attached (this is how they then inform you
about a recently attached device and ask you how to open it). I am not sure
where you turn it off, but I am sure it is possible to do so somewhere.
But I did hear from someone that this desktop feature can cause xruns from
time to time...

sincerely,
Marije