Re: [linux-audio-user] cross platform FOSS audio software list

From: Tom Szilagyi <tomszilagyi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 11:34:12 EET

On 1/30/07, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> If there were LADSPA for Windoze, that'd be even better. It's sad that there is so much great free stuff for VST, and only a few (very high-quality, but relatively few) effects and softsynths for LADSPA.

FYI: LADSPA for Windows can be done fairly easy.

For a while, I have been maintaining a Windows port of the Aqualung music
player, and recently I have added LADSPA support into the port, along
with a ported set of TAP-plugins. Cross-compiling LADSPA plugins into
Windows DLLs with mingw is pretty straightforward IMO; the only thing
I have changed in TAP-plugins was the Makefile.

I have simplified the metadata scheme from RDF files to using some simple
text files, mainly for minor technical reasons. However, the core of LADSPA
is fully working.

For a downloadable installer capable of demoing LADSPA on Windows,
check out http://aqualung.sf.net/win32

I don't want to get the word out just yet, as we are preparing for a release
due in a few weeks' time, but those interested might look at it right away.
But please keep in mind that the software is officially still unreleased, thus
incomplete and buggy. :)

Tom