Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone have any opinion on CMS?

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 20:40:55 EET

oktyabr wrote:

> So if anyone out there has experience with CMS and can either recommend
> or recommend against any particular package that would be well suited
> for such a task I would be very happy to hear your opinions! There are
> a ton of them out there and it is quite time consuming to try them all
> and compare. I've been using the excellent resources at
> http://www.opensourcecms.com to try some of them out... it lets you try
> any one you like without installing it on your server first. I'm
> currently leaning a bit towards Geeklog and Jupiter CMS and an IT guy I
> asked recommended e107 but lots more testing to do before I know which
> is the right one for sure.

I looked at e107 before selecting Mambo. It was between those two. That
was a while ago. I give Mambo a B. Drupal looks good and I looked at it
briefly, but never used it. I moved on to using seaside (seaside.st)

Does a wiki sound out of the question? Today both cross each other's
lines of features, but why not a Wiki?

If you definitely want to have a forum, then stop now, as this solution
may not have it. But, I throw it out there for you to consider.

Do you have the ability of using anything on your server? If so, you
might check out seaside or use several of the wikis based on seaside. I
would suggest Pier. You'll need to know something about getting a
smalltalk image working. Once it's running it's very easy to add to it
and keep going. Don't get me wrong, it's not hard to get running at all.
Just different than any other. But, I believe much more flexible.

Here are some examples:
http://swiki.gsug.org/
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/
http://ese.unibe.ch
http://create.seasidehosting.st/

Here are features:
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/pier

An example of installing a plugin in Pier (this is a blog plugin)
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog

There was a forum plugin. If you're interested, I'll find out if it's
still available.

(more about seaside: http://seaside.st/Videos/)

--
brad fuller