Re: [linux-audio-user] Commercial "clone" of ZynAddSubFX?

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 14:29:41 EET

Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
>
>> You can help:
>> http://home.gna.org/zyn/
>
> Ok, maybe I'm stupid or something, but is there any code available to
> download? Which hosts support (or has work being done to support) LV2?
> In general what's the status of the project?

It is still in development but I can produce sounds, it is just that not
all parameters are exposed currently. You can obtain current sources
From subversion repoistories. You will need zynadd itself from zyn
project, zynjacku - a LV2 host and lv2dynparam library.

Currently zynadd is most usable in zynjacku. elven and jack_host can
also load it, but (currently?) they don't support dynparam lv2 extension
and you will not see any GUI and you will not be able to control any of
zynadd engine parameters to tweak the sound.

home page of lv2dynparam extension is:

http://home.gna.org/lv2dynparam/

home page of zynjacku extension is:

http://home.gna.org/zynjacku/

Checkout over SVN protocol (TCP 3690):

svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/lv2dynparam/code lv2dynparam
svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/zynjacku/code zynjacku
svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/zyn/code zyn

Checkout over http:

svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/lv2dynparam/code lv2dynparam
svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/zynjacku/code zynjacku
svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/zyn/code zyn

You need to build and install lv2dynparam library first.

Then you need to build and install zynadd plugin itself.

You need to build zynjacku. Currently you cannot install zynjacku
system wide, at least not by using the supplied makefile. You can load
zynadd into zynjacku using command line like this:

<pathto>/zynjacku.py http://home.gna.org/zyn/zynadd/0

You will be able to load plugins from UI, that part is just not ready
yet. You can load multiple LV2 plugins by supplying several plugin
URIs. You will see the multi-synth ui then:

http://nedko.arnaudov.name/tmp/zynjacku.png

It seems to be bug that causes zynjacku segfault when multiple plugins
are specified. I'll fix this ASAP (I've just found it).

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>