Re: [linux-audio-user] Commercial "clone" of ZynAddSubFX?

From: Leonard Ritter <contact@email-addr-hidden-ritter.com>
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 05:30:14 EET

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 10:22 +0800, Chris McCormick wrote:
> I have no association whatsoever with M-Audio, I just like these two
> products of theirs I've bought and thought I'd add my 2c.

i have an unused m-audio firewire 410 which is as of now not working on
linux. i contacted m-audio asking about development support, and after a
bit of moaning they connected me to a developer who said that the
drivers had been developed by a third party (they also said who). i
contacted that third party and they did not call back.

so far i have to say m-audio has not dissatisfied me, but i'd wish
they'd think more of the non-windows platforms. however i heard that the
fw 410 was the first in the series and subsequent firewire audio devices
use the full bebob standard, no custom com. interface involved.

--
Leonard Ritter
-- Freelance Art & Logic