Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Releases : Tapeutape and Tranches

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 17:33:56 EET

Dragan Noveski wrote:
> Florent Berthaut wrote:
>> Dragan Noveski a écrit :

>>> hi, i tried now building both appis, first editing the SConstruct
>>> file, so that it installs in /usr/local, than running scons both
>>> times successfully!
>>>
>>> did not played with it still, so i cannot make any seriously
>>> comments on the functionality, but for now, tranches is segfaulting
>>> while loading the example.tra file.
>>>
>>> i ll do some real tests in the next days and report!
>>>
>>> thanks and cheers,
>>> doc
>>>

>> Did you launch tranches while an app was the transport master for jack ?
>> Otherwise tranches will segfault (i'll fix this soon), usually i
>> start seq24 as the transport master and then press the play button in
>> it.
>> After that i launch tranches .
>> Actually tranches need to know the bpm of jack transport, that's why
>> it segfault if transport is not active .
>> I'll find a way to fix this, it shouldn't be too complicated .
>>
>> Flo
>>

> please give me some time to found out more about tranches and do some
> serious test.
> i tried now running seq24 as a transport master, but still the segfault.
>
> i ll report (promise!).
>
> cheers,
> doc

ok, looks like this here:

i changed the example file in tapeutape, so that the paths to the
samples are showing to some samples in my homedir, and look - it works
very well with seq24 and jack.
unfortunately, i really donīt understand the example file in tranches.
is tranches designed to control a hardware midi stuff (i donīt have
any here)?

generally, please donīt get me wrong or nonconstructive, but for me
editing the example file for being able to play samples is really
complicated!
what we need is some "specimen" mechanism, but i donīt know how heavy it
is to design sth like that. ( i can imagine, it is not simple at all!)

for now, tapeutape works good and stable here, i ll play more with this!!

thanks for your work and the support,
cheers,
doc