Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Spring reverb?

From: Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 03:59:40 EET

> I use SIR running on ardour-vst on a computer dedicated to reverbs and
> other heavy DSP. Connect via netjack, chuck artificial latency on the
> sends so it comes back in time, and bob's your uncle.
> (may not be as easy as it sounds, contents may settle in transit).
>
> I've tried some other non vst native Linux convolvers, but have not
> found one as efficient yet. Recommendations welcomed.

SIR is nice, and has a lovely interface. The only bummer is that it
has a built-in latency of 8960 samples, which (as you mention) must be
compensated for.

I'm anxiously awaiting Aella, by Fons Adriaensen... It sounds like it
will be the best native Linux convolution engine we've seen yet. The
advertisements say that it will be low latency, and that it will
eventually be able to design synthetic reverbs as well. But, from
what I heard, it may be a few more months until we get to see a
working prototype.

-TimH