Re: [linux-audio-user] supported midi drum pads

From: <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 03:03:39 EET

> I have a Yamaha DD55, which has kick and hh pedals,

Are the pedals, drums and all components velocity sensitive?

> The included samples aren't too bad. The only two gripes I have with
> it is that:
> 1. velocity is a little touchy, and definitely isn't linear.

What do you mean by "isn't linear"? It sounds like you mean "harder"
doesn't mean "louder", or did I miss the point?

> 2. there is a bit of "bleed through" (e.g. if you hit the snare hard,
> you may heard a little cymbals)

Would this effect recording in a sequencer like Muse while triggering a
sampler like Specimen? Would you get a clean recording and clean
triggering of sounds in that set-up?

> Other than that, works great.
>
> -TimH

Thanks,