[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 41, Issue 35

From: pascal lawrynowicz <p.law@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 11:32:45 EET

>> pascal lawrynowicz wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running a 64studio and have a trouble using it with Creative
>>> Sound Blaster Platinum Live DriveII sound device (pretty old but
>>> really cheap for what I need).
>>>
>>> I'm sure there's soundfonts in the device, allright?
>>

>> Not unless you actually loaded them. Try something like this command:
>>
>> asfxload /path/to/some/soundfont.sf2
>>
>> Good luck. Some distros seem to think sfxload/asfxload are negligible
>> items or at least worthy of hidden status. I guess they figure we can
>> stuff the fonts into the card by hand. :(
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> dp

Hello, I want to know more :
I've heard of this command before, but I want to understand this deeper
: if I'll use asfxload it's to import external soundfonts in my device.
But I already used these cards on Win$ and the soundfonts were already
in there... And from what I heard it's the particularity of this device
there's already SF inside... So how can I have a direct access to them.

PL
www.percunivers.com