Re: [linux-audio-user] tapeutape features and a question

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 19:36:00 EET

Hi Flo!
  With exclusive group I thought of the cut-by feature. You put the typical
three-hihats sound (closed, pedal and open) into one kit and say cut=1 by=1,
so the effect is a group of monophinic keys.
  About the sample-full-play feature: Yes I thought, that samples take the
note-on event, but ignore the note-off event, so they just play until the file
is finished.
  About the simplistic interactive text-ui: Well that sound fine for the
current state. It would be sufficient to reset/reload, load and quit.
  About ADSR: Well of course you could use a soundfile-editor and create
something like an adsr. BUT: Waht about the following scenario: I say stop
sample when note-off comes. But don't stop immediately, but apply a short
release period. You can't include this from an external sample-editor. Because
the editor only applies the ADSR statically. It can't know, when I say
note-off. That's ok, if I choose the complete-file play mode.
  About libxml: I have libxml2 installed and the scons gives something like:
  File included from somewhere, until it comes to:
/usr/local/include/libxml/parser.h: Syntax error before function:
XMLPUBFUN void XMLCALL somefunction(parameters)
  It complained about the XMLPUBFUN and XMLCALL, but it seems to be a problem
of mine, I just wondered if more people had it. So is it about this special
version of libxml2 (2.6.19) or if it is a special problem of mine?
  Thanks and kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net