Re: [linux-audio-user] Converting IEEE FLOAT WAV's to ... anything?

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 22:16:49 EET

Emiliano Grilli wrote:

> sabato, 10 febbraio 2007 alle 19:39:11, Ken Restivo ha scritto:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Granted, I can open these files in Audacity or Rezound or Sweep, and
> > with the GUI convert the file to just about anything. However, I
> > dislike GUI's, and I'd like to be able to do this with the commandline
> > tools. Opening 20 WAV files and click-clacking around on menu options
> > is anathaema: the whole process wants to be a 1-liner bash script
> > really.
>
> Try ecasound, it should understand that format.

Ecasound does, because ecasound uses libsndfile.

libsndfile also comes with a program called sndfile-convert which
will also do the job. On Debian and Ubuntu, sndfile-convert is
part of the sndfile-programs package.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo
I have found that good programmers either do not make the kind
of mistakes that Ada can prevent, or insert enough checks that
they catch those mistakes about as efficiently as an Ada
environment can. At that point, the use of Ada gives no further
productivity advantage.