Re: [linux-audio-user] Soundfonts

From: <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 12:10:47 EET

> I'm just trying to get to grips with Qsynth but can't find any
> soundfonts. Everything on Google seems to point to Hammersound, and
> when I look there I only see an empty index for every set.

Here are some links I came across over time. I'm not sure about the
details of each one (history, licencing...)

http://www.soundfonts.it/
rhodes piano sf2:
http://www.yeeking.net/audio/rhodes.tar.gz
http://melodymachine.com/
http://www.soundfont.com
www.viandanze.com/materiale/mello.sf2
www.viandanze.com/materiale/melloflute.sf2

> I'm particularly looking for Fluid R3, which seems to be a well
> recommended GM font.

If you happen to be running Planet CCRMA, you can get it through a yum
download (it's not avaliable for FC6/CCRMA yet from what I understand).

Hope this helps,
Rocco