[linux-audio-user] hexter and debian

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 19:47:22 EET

Hello list,

I'm getting really, really frustrated and need some help. I've been
trying for the past week to install software that depends on pkgconfig
to find libraries. My most recent outing was to install dssi so I
could try out hexter. I install dssi by doing apt-get install etc.
Now I'm trying to compile hexter (there's no package for that), and it
complains that pkgconfig doesn't know about dssi, so I need to adjust
my pkg_config_path variable.

Now my understanding is that, in order for pkgconfig to "know" about a
library, there has to be a .pc file that contains metadata for it.
Alas, there is no dssi.pc on my system. Am I stuck?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com