Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: FUD or not? what is your opinion?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 23:38:56 EET

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> reach even half of the intended audiences (look at the recent Slashdot
> coverage on the future of Linux installers which tells a sad story how
> autopackage, despite its arguably superior model never took off).

Autopackage - arguably superior? Not in my experience. I use an
application that uses Autopackage. My first discovery was that
*autopackage simply didn't work.* After a couple of fixes, they got it
to work. Whoopee!! My reaction to that was "Why?" From my use,
autopackage didn't do anything more, or anything better, than the
existing Debian package managers already did ...

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden