Re: [linux-audio-user] midi won't play although sound works

From: The Other <sstubbs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 16:22:01 EET

On Monday 19 February 2007 5:31 pm, Carlyle Sutphen wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 00:15, Brendon Oliver wrote:
> > Since you have one of the few cards which is capable of doing it
> > in hardware, I'd use it (and I do - I have the same card). Saves
> > system resources which could be better applied to doing other
> > things at the same time.
>
> Hey, I'm game!
>
> This is what I have:
> carlyle:/usr/share/sounds/sf2 # ls -1
> README-bank

Hello Carlyle,

As was pointed out, the *.bnk files don't play sounds. You need *.sf2
files.

A link to a very good one was posted to this list recently. I don't
have the link anymore, but the file name is:

GeneralUserGS1.4.sf2 (that's the way I renamed it to avoid the
spaces in the original name.) It's a 30MB file.

As was pointed out before, use asfxload to load it.

Regards,
Stephen.