Re: [linux-audio-user] Two other tracks

From: Yves Potin <yves@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 02:39:41 EET

Le 20 Feb à 15:57, James Stone ecrivait:

> I really like them both.. very film-score like.. Also reminded me
> of Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop for some reason...

        Thank you very much for a so careful listening, and for such a
comparison :).

> There seem to be a few clicks here and there (particularly at the
> beginning of light_of_lost_summers.. around 1 sec there is what
> sounds like distortion, then at 40 secs onwards there is a clicky
> poppy sound.. I think it is a sound that is supposed to be there,
> but it is very hard to parse.. is it a fire? water? something
> else?? I think it may have too much filtering on to be able to
> make out what it is.. For me, those kinds of sounds are very
> distracting because they sound like digital distortion).

        Yes, for the first click I have forgotten it, it's now deleted,
thanks. There was problems when transfering the first recordings from MuSE
0.9.2 to Ardour 2, I don't know why. The very first click was one of
those, for the next noises they are effectively supposed to be there as
samples of a campfire one can here very much louder later on the long
ambient intro.

> On Caves, there is something similar at 2:52.. It could be the
> end of a sample or something like that.. I'm just really fussy
> about these sounds though!

        No no, thanks again. For this click in « caves » I've corrected
this in the last version. If someone is interested, the four tracks are on
the picklejar of my web site, waiting for the cover of the album to be
done :) :
http://download.jazzcomputer.org/picklejar/ (currently uploading).
        Best,

Y.