[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 41, Issue 82

From: e <yoenrico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 00:48:40 EET

> > Am Montag, den 26.02.2007, 19:23 +0100 schrieb e:
> > > When I start Ardour it always comes up in 48k,even when I start jack in
> > > 44100.
> >
> > Ardour doesn't "start" with a specific sample rate. Rather, it uses the
> > sample rate of the current session (which it deduces form the source
> > samples used). Then, it tries to connect to jack, which -- of course
> > will be only successfull, if there is a jackd with the correct sample
> > rate currently running).
>
> this is not correct. ardour has no concept of "session sample rate" at
> all. it connects to JACK at whatever rate JACK is running at

Thanx4dareplies,but it doesn't really help me out here.Of course I know Ardour
uses the samplerate jack is started at,but as I stated in my initial post(do
it all over again):no matter how I start jack,Ardour keeps using 48k.Whether
I start a new session or an existing one it says:this session will use 48k.
Frustration may lurk sometimes ,but (especially,hopefully
momentarily )mr.Davis,thank you for the incredible effort that has gotten me
this far.I'm (not only)in your debt.

Sincerely,Enrico.