Re: [linux-audio-user] dual-core and jack question

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 01:05:02 EET

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:58:31 +0100
yves@email-addr-hidden (Yves Potin) wrote:

> Le 28 Feb à 23:25, Atte André Jensen ecrivait:
>
> > Ok that sounds good. How is it decided which app is running on which
> > core and can a running app (realtime audio) switch core?
>
> It's the task of the system, you have absolutely no control on
> that. I can see very often a core taking the following of a process which
> previously ran on another one (a core or a CPU because my PC has two
> processors). I *never* take care of that, I just have a gkrellm to show me
> what's happening. And I'm very happy with that :).
>
> Y.

I have the same situation with a dual core athlon. I find CPU 0 seems
to do slightly more work than CPU1 (as shown by gkrellm) but sometimes
the processors seem to swap places.

So far, the only app that seems to have had more problems than on my
old single core 32bit athlon is ZynAddSubFX. It seems a little more
twitchy if I alter things while it is playing :(

--
Will J G