[linux-audio-user] Re: What purpose does this list serve?

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 10:15:22 EET

"Josh Lawrence":

> On 3/1/07, Greg Wilder <gregwilder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Shouldn't this be a place to explore serious Linux-related musical topics that
>> look to the wealth of unique and versatile Linux-based tools... How best to
>> incorporate "live" web resources in a GNU/Linux powered installation?
>> What "AI" tools are available to aid in the design of an intelligent
>> improvising partner? Which application/design solutions work best for
>> interactive sound design? What's the future of ambisonic audio
>> looking/sounding like?
>
> p:d, Chuck et al have mailing lists that I'm sure would address your
> specific need.

I would estimate the number of really good sound programming
environments available for linux to be around 20 (this is _the area_ where
linux really shines compared to other platformes). So, it makes more
sence to have discussions about topics such as ambisonic audio and things
like that on this list rather than one of the sound programming
environment lists.

> I would also bet that discussions of that type would
> be welcome here, too. Why don't you start some specific threads about
> the topics you would like to discuss? I know I would find them
> interesting.

Yes. :-)