Re: [linux-audio-user] Score Editors

From: Denis Alessandro Altoe Falqueto <denisfalqueto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 22:17:17 EET

On 3/2/07, a <arthura@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to this list and it's been a while since I've looked at linux audio. I
> am most comfortable writing in a score editor. I have a couple of gigasamples
> but they are too expensive to keep collecting them. Are people using
> soundfonts? I know about qsampler and qsynth but my question is, what score
> editors are the most powerful that would work with these programs and also
> possibly with ardour. Does anyone have any favorite setups to share?

Hi!

You can try NoteEdit:

http://noteedit.berlios.de/

I use it often. It can export to several formats, including lilypond.
It is being rewriten in Qt4 without need for KDE. The new name is
Canorus:

http://canorus.berlios.de/

It seems they are making some real progress on this.

HTH

Denis A. Altoe Falqueto