Re: [linux-audio-user] Logo for the Linux Sound & MIDI Software Wiki

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 03 2007 - 15:14:22 EET

First rough website mockup:
http://thorwil.affenbande.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/half-wave_02.jpg

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 09:18:50PM +0000, Folderol wrote:

> Incidentally I read once that a logo can stand by itself as an
> eye-catcher. There is no need for it have any obvious connection to the
> 'product' it advertises. Two examples that spring to mind immediately
> are the golly that used to be on Robertsons Jam and the Philips logo.

Hmm, we don't have a well established brand. This logo is mainly
targeted at making this particular site look polished, professional.
The visual expression of caring, being organised.

If you leave the linuxaudio.org part out, it stays recognisable.
But if someone just sees 'apps' in a window, they will wonder
what apps?

Thanks, Folderol.

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 10:41:38PM +0000, Burkhard Ritter wrote:

> > http://thorwil.affenbande.org/index.php/2007/03/02/appslinuxaudioorg-03/

> Wow, that looks good! With the waveform and the colour gradients and
> everything.I'm still not sure about the linuxaudio.org-writing, but the
> box really is superb.

Thank you, Burkhard.
So I understand your view, don't share it and I'm not willing
to move the linuxaudio.org text anywhere ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms
Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: