Re: [linux-audio-user] new jack compile problem

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 11:08:56 EET

On Mon, March 5, 2007 21:44, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>

> I set out to compile jack 0.102.20 under debian/etch. That was easy. Now
> for qjackctl. If I want to install it it will pull old jack with it:
>
> ajstrup:~# apt-get install qjackctl
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> libjack0.100.0-0 <snip>
>

> That's not good, right?
>

> Well, I thought I'd just install qjackctl from source, grabed it
> (0.2.21) and (after figuring how to set QTDIR) I got this far
> ("./configure"):
>

> <snip>
> checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no checking whether QTDIR
> environment variable is set... /usr/include/qt3/ checking for main in
> -lqt-mt... yes
> checking for Qt library version >= 3.1.1... no; Qt 3.1.1 or greater is
> required
>
> Great. Does this mean I have to compile qt from source?
>

> I feel dependency h**l closing in, and I realize debian is sometimes
> conservative in choosing it's packages, but there must be a better way...
>
> Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Well, I talk no debianese, but setting QTDIR=/usr/include/qt3 is NOT the
way to go. On all other sane distros, it used to be QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3,
but debian decided long ago to splinter the qt3 tree all over the place :P

So, on debian based distros, I would suggest setting QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3
and see if things get further ...

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela