Re: [linux-audio-user] guitar amp emulation

From: Giuseppe Zompatori <siliconjoe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 14:53:05 EET

2007/3/6, Leonard Ritter <contact@leonard-ritter.com>:
> hi everyone,
>
> i'm looking for a good e-guitar tube amp/distortion effect for jack or
> ladspa. does somebody have a good recommendation?
>

> --
> Leonard Ritter
>
> -- Freelance Art & Logic
> -- http://www.leonard-ritter.com

1) The Revalver MKII VST plugin at http://alienconnections.com.
I know it's a VST and that sucks! You can give it a try by downloading
the demo version that outputs some white noise once in a while but is
otherwise fully functional. Personally I don't like the CAPS plugins
for distorted sounds, vintage or modern. Revalver MKII lets you
configure the amps by tweaking the electronic circuit if you need so
much flexibility.

2) The Vamp-PRO from Behringer, it has an exceptional price-features
ratio, I got mine second hand (in perfect conditions) for €90. The
Vamp2 is even cheaper, it doesn't have digital or balanced outs
though.

What kind of distorted sounds are you looking for more specifically?

Cheers,

-Giuseppe