Re: [linux-audio-user] guitar amp emulation

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 18:01:48 EET

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 16:46, Leonard Ritter wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 13:53 +0100, Giuseppe Zompatori wrote:
> > What kind of distorted sounds are you looking for more specifically?
>
> oh, sorry i wasn't clear enough. of course open source software only.
> closed source creates more problems in the long run, i am searching for
> everlasting solutions :)

I don't know of any other project which has aimed at solving this other than
CAPS and I haven't used CAPS all that extensively but I doubt that it's an
allround solution.
There are however lots of proprietary solutions though few that really solve
the issue. I own a PODxt which I really enjoy and a Behringer bass vamp (has
guitar settings also) which I loathe.

Possibly with some decent presets for CAPS there'd be a solution?
As for the original query, better than GuitarRig(or pod for that matter), I
doubt there is one that gets even close...

Regards,
Robert