Re: [linux-audio-user] guitar amp emulation

From: Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 22:57:32 EET

On 3/6/07, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 20:38 +0100, Yves Potin wrote:
> > Le 06 Mar à 19:38, Cesare Marilungo ecrivait:
> >
> > > There's this suite of freeware VST plugins:
> > >
> > > http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm
> > >
> > > which sound fantastic.
> >
> > Hi.
> > This seems very interesting, but is there a way to make them run
> > with linux ? Jack-dssi host tells me that the plugins failed to report the
> > window size, so nothing is usable even if it seems to be launched (there's
> > no visible window), and fst tells me that the plugin has no editor, so I
> > can't even check that, as *all* other VST, fst is completely unable to
> > make them run because of the same XWindow problem.
>
> what same XWindow problem?
>
> these plugins have no GUI - the host has to build one. FST doesn't do
> that. Ardour does, and I thought that JACK-DSSI did or could as well.
>
> --p

I haven't been able to make any of these work in Ardour VST except the
JCM900. Ardour would not load with those in the VST folder. Are
there any tricks to getting these to run that I could try?

Also, these cause a crash on Audacity (on Windows) with the
VST-bridge... Not sure if that's related.

-TimH