Re: [linux-audio-user] apps.linuxaudio.org test updated

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 10:43:55 EET

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 10:22:25PM +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:

> >> I'm following the look'n'logo evolution with interest. looks a lot like
> >> software devel. 1st version nice and clean, and we get fixes as well as
> >> new bugs with each revision :)
> >
> > I kept a few revisions to myself ;)
> > For a more professional approach, one would start with a briefing
> > and generate many variations. I try to cut down on that, though.
>
> oh dear, my remark was intended as compliment! - glad we skipped the
> briefing.. - we at linuxaudio.org are no professionals ;)

Heh, I took it neutral. I only wanted to point out that a more formal
approach would be different, not that I wouldn't be capable to work
on a professional level.

> i like the unobtrusiveness of it! The colors seem a little baby like
> (blue/pink), but I was never good with coloring myself - I also think
> there should be no spacing at the top or left of the bg and the size of
> the blocks and the size of the logo are not yet in some aesthetic ratio
> or alignment..

Arg, attack of the maladjusted displays :)
The blue has quite a bit green, moving it in a turquoise direction
and it's desaturated. There simply is no pink, check your red level.
But such are the joys of web design with pastell colours.

Spacing, size, ratio ... surely worth playing with.

--
Thorsten Wilms
Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: