[linux-audio-user] Managing Large libaries of samples and loops

From: danni <danni.coy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 03:47:23 EET

Is there anybody out there who has a large collection of samples... how do you
organised your collection ... Ideally I want something as digikam is to
images. I want some sort of playback and visual preview ( freewheeling and
amarok style visualisation both work well for me). Also the ability to tag my
samples so I can find what I am looking for would be very handy....

Amarok is close (it supports visual previews and tagging) but it wont play
higher than 16bit wav files... and won't tag these files. (I keep my samples
as floating point based wav files as this is what Ardour likes to use). Flac
tagging is also painfully slow.

The only other reservation is I don't want to hear my samples when I select a
bunch of random songs....

anyways any suggestions would be welcome.
        Danni

--
Sometimes I simply feel that the whole world is a cigarette and I'm the
only ashtray.