Re: laptop noise (was Re: [linux-audio-user] intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2)

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 00:06:09 EET

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 04:21:47PM -0500, carmen wrote:
> On Sat Mar 10, 2007 at 04:10:30PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > > If you use high-end power strips with over-voltage protection like
> > > from APX or other vendors then possibly putting them on separate
> > > power strips might work.
> > I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestions ... not holding out much
> > hope
> a better-isolated sound card might fix the issue as well. ive heard
> plenty of noisy desktops/notebooks that were fixed with a proper
> pci/pcmcia card.. even if the plugs were still attached to the
> card/case rather than breakout...

The edirol ua-25 should be a decent device, no? pcmcia is just not cost
effective and there only a few choices anyway.

I guess for my purposes, I'll be unlikely to ever need to do audio with
the laptop in public for longer than the battery life, so I'll live. And
I have a delta 66 in my studio PC for working at home.

> maybe even a 3-pronged AC adaptor if youre using 2-pronged? kind of a
> long shot, but who knows...

It's 3-pronged.

-Eric Rz.