[linux-audio-user] [RME HDSP 9632] Firmware downgrade - WAS: No sound

From: Bibulus <bibulus@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 02:43:53 EET

Le dimanche 11 mars 2007 à 00:08 +0100, Bibulus a écrit :

[...]

> > it is possible that you will have to reflash your firmware to make it
> > work under linux, but check the results of running hdspmixer first.
>
> Really? :-(
>
> Sorry to bother you with this point, but: how can one downgrade HDSP
> 9632 firmware (RME firmware update Windows tool only upgrade it and I
> found no howto on how downgrade it)?

I found a thread on Fervent's forum:

-----
[...]
Second, just to let you know, Hamon, I connected Hydrogen output to
playback 9 because that was the only way to get any sound out of my
soundcard (there was a real problem with my soundcard)
My soundcard has all the 12 outputs you see in the mixer, but I don't
have the gear to connect to the adat and spdif (yet).

Third, thanks Chris, you gave me the right solution, it was the firmware
upgrade. First I was't sure if it was possible to go back (it is called
an UPdate tool)
But now that I used the older Flash Update Tool which took it back from
revision 152 to 151, it works fine.
[...]
-----

I have exactly the same problem.

So I think that a firmware downgrade will solve it.

Once again: who know how to downgrade a RME HDSP 9632? And who can send
me a old firmware version?

[...]

Thanks,

Bye