Re: [linux-audio-user] Question re QSynth/fluidsynth

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 12:37:20 EET

david wrote:
> I noticed that you can set QSynth/fluidsynth to output to a file. Does
> this mean it outputs the sound to that file? If so, what format is the
> output in? How can I convert it to something else, if necessary?

Yes all audio output is rendered to a raw audio file.

e.g. for qsynth you select "file" as the Audio Driver and "filename.raw"
(or whatever filename pleases you) in Audio Device; on fluidsynth it
goes like this IIRC:

  fluidsynth -a file -o audio.file.name=filename.raw ...

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden