Re: [linux-audio-user] GG-DV2000 Port?

From: sevol <sevol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 01:11:58 EET

Dave Phillips wrote:
> sevol wrote:
>
>> The earlier, "filtering out sounds" thread left me wondering if the
>> GG-DV2000 has been ported to linux yet -
>>
>> http://www.unpronounceable.com/gould/
>>
>> Anyone know?
>
> Remarkable technology, but I doubt it's been ported to anything. ;)
>
> I wonder if they'll devise a filter for Cecil Taylor ? Or maybe one for
> Joseph Spence ?
>
> Very funny site, thanks for the link.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

I'm glad you enjoyed it; the site is amusing.

Unfortunately, or fortunately?, seems the developers bit off more than
they could chew trying to build the Keith Jarrett module. I don't see
that it ever arrived. Jarrett is just too good at mimicking his keyboard
soounds. Perhaps a Cecil Taylor module can find a place on their wish
list :)

Joseph Spence is new for me, but what I read of him makes me want to
listen. Thanks for the introduction, I think.

sevol