[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Berlin/LAC

From: <subluid@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 16:01:12 EET

once more, sorry about forgetting the subject:

Dmitry Baikov wrote:

>> 2. How it is better to get to Koeln and back (if it is train, how and
>> where to buy tickets) and in which weekday

hello Dmitry

looking for a bus for berlin/cologne did not give me any result.

There is a bus once daily to Duesseldorf near cologne (http://www.berlinlinienbus.de/) ((no English version yet, its germany2007!!^_°)) 74 eu for a return ticket. A pdf timetable is here: http://www.berlinlinienbus.de/pdfs/dus.pdf
payment with credit card, you should book several days (at least five) in advance as seats sometimes become rare.
>From Duesseldorf to Köln there are regional trains ("S-Bahn" or "Regionalexpress") for 9.30 eu (Preisstufe 5ü) one way, about one hour. url: http://www.vrsinfo.de/eng/index.php - by tickets at the station.

BUT: at least a 10 h trip, i cannot recommend it.

http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de (pre-arranged lifts in private cars) is used a lot and usually works well.
people charge ~25-30 eur for the trip. Unfortunately everything there is german, you get email and/ore phone number for making an arrangement. I offer help in searching/translating/making phone calls to german numbers.

do svedanja,

david