[linux-audio-user] Re: Standalone hardware music making box suitable for children?

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 11:32:25 EET

Juhana Sadeharju escribe:
> Hello. What would be a good standalone music making box?
> A box which would be useful for a child, for her first 16 years.
> Features:
> -Linux connection (midi, sample uploads)
> -One shot samples (for sound effects)
> -Music instruments (sampled or synth)
> -Music making (patterns whatever)
>
> I know there are some kind of groove boxes but don't know details.

A Roland MC-505 is for me the kind of killer box of this kind. It's
unfriendly to Linux because is kind of a machine unfriendly to
computers by nature. A mailing list colleage once asked us if he
needed to buy a Mixtreme soundcard to make music with a computer, or a
MC-505 to make music without. Being a fan of Soundscape hardware, I
recommended him going for the MC-505. He's been grateful for years.

Presets for the MC-505 sounds "ninety", but it's a powerful enough
synth to allow making your own sounds and patterns.

I've heard also good things about Korg Electribe MX. Any Electribe is
a joy also. I consider this kind of machines "perfect" for any
teenager doing music.

Cordially, Ismael

--
Ismael Valladolid Torres  m. +34679156321
La media hostia           j. ivalladt@email-addr-hidden