Re: [linux-audio-user] To MacBook or not to MacBook, that's the question

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 01:31:53 EET

Hi,

> I'm considering to buy a new laptop, and a message some time ago on
> the list regarding a comparison between Dell and MacBook made me
> reconsider my stance towards MacBook.

while the troubels with the early MacBook Pro are well known, I'd like
to add the following:

* Dell offers various services, and the Dell on-site service usually
works very well. No comparison to Apple where your machine will be on
tour for an unpredictable amount time

* MBP looks far superior compared to the Dell "designer" machines. If
you don't care about it, well, but my eyes care :)

* What really is ridiculous on the MBPs is the missing right mouse
button, and the Dell machines offer superior display resolutions.
People always mention RAM, but IMHO the screen resolution is as
important as the RAM

BTW: Apple.de crashes Konqueror and causes Firefox to hang. I hope
that's not an omen ;-) .

HTH & best regards,

ce