[linux-audio-user] auto-restoring alsamixer settings?

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 16:01:23 EET

hi list,
yesterday i successfully replaced the debian alsa drivers/libs/etc with
the selfcompiled ones, v1.0.14rc3 - and (almost) everything works wonderful!

well, the only thing what does not work as previously is that the
alsamixer settings for my onboard device (intel8x0) are not restored
after a reboot - everything muted!
if i plug the usb interface, the mixer is not muted, but there are some
old settings saved, and if i change the settings, on the next boot they
are not restored too.
plugin the multiface(cardbus) works wery well, since we use the
'hdspmixer' and not the 'alsamixer' for that one.

i am able to store settings with '/usr/sbin/alsactl store 0' (in case,
rme is not pluged in) but when i connect the rme, the onboard sound will
become a number '1' so i can restore with '/usr/sbin/alsactl restore 1'.
for me that means that storing/restoring works with card-name and not
with the card-number.

last night i looked into the alsa wiki, but all hints i found there did
not helped here.

so the question is, is someone out there who speaks a clearly debianeese
and can help me to set this up?
perhaps someone has a good link for reading outside of alsa wiki, since
i think that i have already tried everything i found there!

if i can give you any other useful information, please let me know that.

cheers,
doc