[linux-audio-user] Slow repaint in FST / Wine

From: Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 21:16:13 EET

Hello list :-)

I've just reported success using FXpansion Guru (VST drum machine) through fst .
http://ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/

One minor inconvenience, though, is that the visual timeline does not
move in sync with the beat ; I suppose this is due to the window
repainting very slowly, as can be noticed if I switch focus to an
other workspace, then focus again to Guru.

My question is : what factors do, in your experience, affect repaint
speed? Is there anything that I could do to improve this ? It does not
seem to depend on the window manager (I've tried XFCE and Ion3, which
makes no difference).

Thanks for suggestions :-)

NB1 : VST sux and all, I know, I know ....
NB2 : Funnily, the plugin also works through dssi-vst, but then, no
visual timeline is displayed at all.