Re: [linux-audio-user] Free-as-in-freedom B3, other than Bristol?

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 14:10:16 EET

Paul Winkler wrote:

> I haven't tried them, but there are a number of b3-emulation patches
> floating around ... eg. here's some csound stuff:
> http://www.csounds.com/mikelson/index.html#hammond

These ones fail to run at least on my current csound5 install. However
I've been using a modified (as in "make it work with csound5") version
of this as my main organ emulation for years. I'm right now in the
process of cleaning the code up a bit, but I can put it somewhere if
anyones interested.

It's quite good, however I feel that beatrix has an extra degree of
authencity. The click in the csound version sounds a little bit wrong
and a better distortion is needed too. But it's still the best I've
heard before trying out beatrix...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte