Re: [linux-audio-user] JSynthLib and Hexter

From: Sean Bolton <musound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 17:32:21 EET

On Mar 22, 2007, at 6:50 AM, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> A question in form of a poll: Anyone managed editing and sending
> patches from JSynthLib to Hexter?

I've done it exactly twice, but I find JSynthLib awkward to
use -- I just use the tx_edit editor included with hexter. (No
doubt others will find this console-based program awkward,
but I've been using it for sixteen years now, so it's second
nature.)

I'm away from my linux box now, but IIRC I had to use
virmidi, pointing JSynthLib to the /dev/snd/midiCxD0 side,
and connecting hexter to the ALSA midi port side.

HTH,

-Sean