Re: [linux-audio-user] Installing realtime kernel - gentoo ERRORs loading realtime module

From: Martin Wohlleben <martin.wohlleben@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 01:55:47 EEST

On So, 2007-03-25 at 14:59 -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
> > On 3/25/07, Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >> Yeah... I've done that. But, still I would like to be able to have
> >> external apps set the clock, right?
> >
> > It can't work if JACK is running anyway because all clients are
> > required to support the server sample rate.
> That I know.
> >
> > WRT realtime, last i heard was that Gentoo does not supply a new
> > enough version of PAM (0.80 or higher is required)
> that I don't know. Bummer...
>
> # equery which pam
> /usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio/sys-libs/pam/pam-0.78-r6.ebuild
>
> Thanks... back to realtime-lsm

Hi,

pam-0.78-r6 should work. I use this version and jack runs with rt-prio.
Check your /etc/security/limits.conf for the right entries

# REALTIME support for audio group users
@audio - rtprio 100
@audio - nice -10
@audio - memlock 250000

You can also find up to date ebuilds for rt-kernels and audio software
in the pro-audio overlay. There you can set the use of realtime-lsm by
setting a USE variable but I'd suggest to go with pam. More information
can be found in the wiki:

http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Good luck
Martin