Re: [linux-audio-user] Newb MIDI questions here...

From: Marc-Olivier Barre <mobarre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 23:56:54 EEST

On 3/26/07, clinart <clinart@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I see. Thanks to everybody for your input. I can see how easy it is to work
> with MIDI and I guess I thought that it would be possible to work with audio
> the same way (perfect pitch shifts, perfect timing, etc.). I guess what
> still puzzles me is working with both together. Is it possible to
> synchronize an audio track with a MIDI drum track, or do you just have to
> play the audio around the MIDI so that everything syncs up the old fashioned
> way (by ear)?

Hi,

At the momment, MIDI has to go first since I do not know of a DAW that
has an easy way to setup a tempo map according to a tempo on an audio
track. Though, If you feel interested by this feature, it would make 2
of us. ;-)

According to some talks on this topic at the linux audio conference,
the best way to have this implemented is to have tempo map support in
jackd. That would be just awesome...
Marc-Olivier Barre,
Markinoko.