Re: [linux-audio-user] Problem with latest Rosegarden - recorded midi notes end up splitted.

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 12:31:27 EEST

On Wednesday 28 Mar 2007 00:35, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> Basically, if I'm recording live on a midi track and I keep the note
> sustained for more then a measure, instead of a single prolonged note I
> get two or more notes, starting and ending exactly at the beginning each
> new measure.

This behaviour has always been there, but you can switch it off. In previous
versions it was on by default. In 1.5.x it should be off by default, but if
you've been using another version previously you'll probably find that it's
switched on because that preference will have been saved by the old version.

To switch it off, go to Preferences -> Notation -> Quantize and switch off
"Tie notes at barlines etc" and "Split-and-tie overlapping chords". As you
may guess from the location of those preferences, the idea is to make
nicer-looking notation from recorded notes; the notes should in principle
play back as recorded, because they're tied; but the matrix doesn't display
two tied notes as a single note as it probably should, so the result is
simply annoying to users who deal mostly with MIDI rather than notation.

Chris